When it comes to the doors in your home or business, it’s important to make sure they are functioning properly. Not only do doors provide security and privacy, but they also play a crucial role in energy efficiency. If your door is damaged or not working properly, it can lead to a range of problems, including reduced security, increased energy costs, and even accidents.
When it comes to door repair companies it’s important to remember they all are not created equally. With so many options available and different levels of expertise, it can be difficult to know where to start. In this article, we will help you try to discern the good from the bad and how to evaluate them.
Door repair and installation doesn’t necessarily require a specialist, but way too often we receive calls from people who hired their local franchise handyman to install their new door and then later have problems with the installation or repair.
While Installing a door isn’t rocket surgery, for some reason a lot of well meaning people are unable to properly do so. We will help you decide who to hire for any door repair or replacement project.
Best practices for choosing the right door repair company!
- Do they have good reviews? Good reviews alone do not mean they are a good fit, but it’s a good place to start. If you are using google to find your contractors, the frequency and relevance of the reviews they get play pretty big into how they are served to you in a google search to start with. Make sure that there are frequent, relevant and positive reviews to make sure you are dealing with someone who is good at their craft and that they stand behind their work. Google reviews will help you discern this.
- How long have they been serving the community? Time in business is important. If a company has been in business for several years and has a lot of recent, relevant positive reviews, we are on the right track.<l/i>
- Do they specialize in door repairs and or door replacement? You should always look for a company who specializes in doors to do either repair or replacement. So much is riding on the work that is performed that is imperative that you hire the right professional for the job. Safety and security are the highest priorities that should be considered, but weatherproofing, waterproofing and curb appeal should also be considered. A door that isn’t installed properly will not be safe. It will leak air and water and always be a nuisance.
- Do they have before and after pictures of similar installations or repairs? A great way to understand if a company can provide a service to you and live up to your expectations, is to see what they have done for other people. If you’re getting a new door installed or repaired, ask the company to see work of the previous installation or repair types. This will help you understand their effectiveness in completing the contracted work.
- Are they a part of the community they serve? When looking for a door repair company in Dallas, Plano, Southlake, or anywhere else, you should see how involved they are in the community. It is important to work with companies who invest their time and money in the communities we live and serve in. A company who makes these investments in their community is likely going to be around in the event you need a warranty repair or feel inclined to recommend them to a friend or family member.
No matter who you decide to hire you should follow these guidelines. Avoid going with the lowest price.
The cheapest bidder will always be there until they get paid and the check clears, after that, you will never get them on the phone again, let alone show back up to fix something. It is important to hire a company who can afford to hire office staff to answer the phone when you call. It is important that they charge enough to pay for insurance to protect you, your home and their employees in the event any issue ever arises. And above all, they must be trustworthy. It is hard to discern trustworthiness with any contractor, but all of the above points are a great place to start.
If you need a first look, second look or a second opinion, we will always advise you on your best interest and not the best interest of our accounting. At DFW Door Repair, our mission is to serve you first and foremost, and everything else will handle itself. We will always give free advice and support no matter whom you hire.
People Also Ask About Choosing a Door Repair Company
What is the average labor cost to repair or install a door?
On average, the labor cost is $50 to $100 per hour for door repair or installation labor. However, this can vary widely depending on the specific circumstances. For example, a simple door repair may only take an hour or two, while a more complex installation could take several days.
In addition to the hourly labor rate, there may also be additional costs for materials and any necessary permits. It’s a good idea to get estimates from multiple contractors to get a sense of the average cost for the work you need done. Be sure to ask about any additional fees or charges that may not be included in the initial estimate.